Hi, my name is Alex. I am a wannabe poet, a husband, a father of two babies, an aspiring playwright and a happy member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I started this blog as a place to share my creative work and just my thoughts about life.
If you’ve ever wondered what a Mormon writer thinks…well here’s your site. Whether your LDS or non-LDS I hope something about this site can speak to you.
The blog name means exactly what it says, I’m just a Mormon writer. I have faults and flaws and I’m just a regular person. I don’t speak for the church nor am I an official blog of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I am just a member sharing my own personal opinions and thoughts.
Some facts about me:
- I’m 25 and have two adorable kids. I will be graduating at the end of this year with a degree in theater (I’ve done acting all my life)
- My passions have shifted from acting to writing. Fancy that. Right as I’m graduating with an acting degree *facepalm*
- I constantly battle anxiety. It’s something that runs in my family (my Grandma has it pretty bad) however this struggle has only strengthened my faith.
- While some people “fall out” of the Church, I have “fell in”. For a while I really didn’t believe in the church and it’s teachings until I actually started living them. Then I gained a testimony. Life still has trials, but I’m much happier now.
- I know Christ and His Atonement are real.
- I am EXTREMELY zealous, if not over zealous about my love for the Book of Mormon and the scriptures.
- I love penguins. Seriously. They are the coolest animals.
Again, I went from a complete non-believer in God to a full on believer. I have a sure knowledge that God lives and loves us.
This transformation, so to speak, didn’t happen over night and was a process that took years to complete. However, one of the greatest contributors to my new belief in God was prayerfully and diligently reading the Book of Mormon (a book of scripture that teaches and testifies of Christ) and the Bible.
Since my conversion I have experienced much joy, peace and comfort. The believers road has not always been easy, it has had its trials (like anything else in life), but it has been worth it. Having a foundation of a belief in Christ has richly blessed my life.
I also love creating conversation, so I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please always feel free to comment.