1. Changing the way you say your prayers can change your life. For a long time I prayed as if trying to conform Heavenly Father to my will, but once I stopped and started seeking what He would have me do and not what I would have Him do, things changed for me drastically.
2. Repentance is the first step to personal revelation. Repentance is a beautiful thing.
3. Being a father is hard. But awesome. But hard. But even more awesome.
4. Having a spouse with a similar sense of humor is all sorts of fun. I have the best wife ever.
5. The more you serve someone the more you love them. Sometimes we think of service as something we do because we love someone but serving someone is also a great way to love someone. You love that which you sacrifice for. The more I sacrifice for my kids the deeper my love for them becomes.
6. Resting and relaxing and taking time off is an important aspect to being productive.
7. Fireman Sam is the dumbest kids show ever and my son loves it. Great fires of London, this makes me one sad daddy.
8. Content in media has a bigger effect on you than you think. I can’t tell you how much better my life became when I started being super careful about the media I consumed. Some of it’s just plain evil. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
9. Creating things makes me happy. It’s the only path for me in life.
10. The most important thing in life is putting God first. Without this, every area of your life can suffer and be more difficult than it needs to be.
What about you? What did you learn in 2013? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!